This plant which grows in a vertical direction has dark green leaves with a yellow-coloured mosaic design. They close these fresh green leaves in the evening as the light fades. Ctenanthes are named after the Greek word for comb, because the many bracts that are on the (unobtrusive) flowering spikes together look like a small comb. The Golden Mosaïc is originally from Brazil and Costa Rica, where the shrub can grow to approximately two metres in height.
We supply this plant in the 12-centimetre pot size.
- The Golden Mosaïc may be placed in a light place, but not in direct sunlight.
- The temperature must remain between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius (59 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The plant is a thirsty one; the pot ball should not be allowed to dry up.
- The most important aspect, however, is watering it regularly.
- Adding plant food in the water every fortnight is very beneficial to the colour of the leaves.